I tend to get a lot of clients coming for a spray tan before a holiday - especially for destinations such as Bali (as its a nice quick trip from Perth!).
Here are a few Spray Tanning Tips for Travel to a Humid Climate:
Generally a Spray Tan will not last as long when you go on holiday as you are doing different things daily in comparison to when you are at home - massages, swimming, diving, running around, singing in the rain, etc :P
Here are few tips and tricks to try to prolong your spray tan in this situation:
1. Use Baby Powder on your Sweaty Spots - it stops your pores from opening and therefore helps to prevent 'cracky tan' (you know when your tan starts to crack or sweat off quickly in places such as under your arms, behind your knees and in between breasts) - This is by far the NUMBER 1 Spray Tan survival trick!
2. If you are going to be swimming (which almost all do on a holiday) remember that a spray tan does not long when submurged into water - try to use a good waterproof sunscreen to create a waterproof coat over your tan. and obviously dont stay in the pool for too long!
3. Never get in that spa or sauna - goodbye spray tan straight away!
4. If you are getting a massage done (love cheap Bali massages!) then always test the oil that they are going to use on your body first (do a patch trial test) so that you can make sure it doesnt rub your tan away (yes! some oils can do this!) - and you dont want to end up with finger marks on your back after a massage!
5. Use a Spray Tan Extender Product such as the Aviva Labs Tan Extender - its the best on the market (moisturizes and extends the life of your spray tan!). This extender is available at Jlee's beauty for only $25 and it lasts AGES!
6. Remember to always use sunscreen as your spray tan does not protect you from sun damage!
7. Remember you are on holiday - get bikini bronzed for your trip today!
Call Jen from Jlee's Beauty TODAY to Book in for your Bali Tan !
Hope you liked those tips! If you have any more tips or tricks you would like to share, please post your comment!